Iran Red Crescent Med J. 2016 May 17;18(6):e34810. doi: 10.5812/ircmj.34810. eCollection 2016. Hypoalbuminemia and Malnutrition Associated With Cow’s Milk Allergy: A Case Report. Altinel Acoglu E1, Akcaboy M1, Melek Oguz M1, Kilic M2, Zorlu P1, Senel S1.
INTRODUCTION: Cow’s milk allergy is the most common food allergy in children. Symptoms usually involve the skin and the gastrointestinal and respiratory tracts. Gastrointestinal tract manifestations of cow’s milk allergy are nonspecific, and are the only type that can be diagnosed in all age groups. Here, we report a rare case of cow’s milk allergy in an infant with hypoalbuminemia and malnutrition. CASE PRESENTATION: A nine-month-old girl was admitted to Dr. Sami Ulus maternity and children’s health and diseases training and research hospital, Ankara, Turkey, in September 2013, for weakness and swelling of the legs that had endured for two days. She had bilateral pretibial pitting (+2) edema. Laboratory data revealed albumin at 1.7 g/dL; serum Na, K, urea, creatinin, and alanine-aspartate aminotransferase levels were normal. Her urinary analysis did not reveal proteinuria. Stool samples were normal, and stool steatocrite was negative. Anti-gliadin, anti-endomysium, and anti-tissue transglutaminase antibodies were negative. Cow’s milk allergy was diagnosed due to cow’s milk-specific IgE and skin prick test results. CONCLUSIONS: On rare occasions, cow’s milk allergy presents with hypoalbuminemia. When diagnosis is delayed, this allergy may impair the growth and quality of life and may even be life-threatening.
UPDATE CASE REPORT OF ALLERGY CHOICES :
- Hypoalbuminemia and Malnutrition Associated With Cow’s Milk Allergy: A Case Report.Altinel Acoglu E, Akcaboy M, Melek Oguz M, Kilic M, Zorlu P, Senel S.Iran Red Crescent Med J. 2016 May 17;18(6):e34810. doi: 10.5812/ircmj.34810. eCollection 2016 Jun.
- Presumed Allergic Proctocolitis Resolves with Probiotic Monotherapy: A Report of 4 Cases. Martin VJ, Shreffler WG, Yuan Q.Am J Case Rep. 2016 Aug 29;17:621-4.
- Anaphylactic Shock Caused by a Hidden Allergen in Blood Sausage. Canabal J, Caballero T, Caminoa M, Fiandor A, Quirce S, Cabañas R.J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol. 2016;26(3):200-1.
- Angioedema of the Uvula: A Case Report. Brown R, Pasquali P.J Okla Dent Assoc. 2016 Mar-Apr;107(2):32, 34.
- Eosinophilic Esophagitis: A New Possible Comorbidity in Difficult-to-Control Asthma? Gomez Torrijos E, Rodriguez Sanchez J, Mendez Díaz Yesica C, Borja Segade JM, Galindo Bonilla PA, Feo-Brito JF, Garcia Rodríguez R.J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol. 2016;26(2):139-41.
- A Case of Erythritol Allergy Studied by Basophil Histamine Release and CD203c Expression In Vitro in Addition to a Challenge Test In Vivo. Harada N, Hiragun M, Mizuno M, Kawaguchi T, Ishii K, Yanase Y, Hiragun T, Sugita Y, Hide M.J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol. 2016;26(2):135-6. doi: 10.18176/jiaci.0032.
- Quail’s Egg-Induced Severe Enterocolitis in a Child Tolerant to Hen’s Egg: First Reported Case. Sanlidag B, Babayigit Hocaoglu A, Bahceciler N.J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol. 2016;26(2):118-9. doi: 10.18176/jiaci.0024.
- Allergic to kitchen work?]. Fessler B.MMW Fortschr Med. 2016 Mar 31;158(6):26. Occupational asthma in a fruit and vegetables vendor. Baldassarre A, Dragonieri S, Luisi V, Musti M, Vimercati L.Med Lav. 2016 Mar 24;107(2):87-91.
- Anaphylaxis Due to Oat Ingestion. Prados-Castaño M, Piñero-Saavedra M, Leguisamo-Milla S, Pastor C, Cuesta P, Bartolomé B.J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol. 2016;26(1):68-9.
- anaphylaxis. Roe C, Anderson N, Frew A, Tarzi M.Br J Hosp Med (Lond). 2016 Mar;77(3):190-1. doi: 10.12968/hmed.2016.77.3.190.
- A case of contact urticaria syndrome stage 3 after honey ingestion, induced by epicutaneous sensitization during skin care with honey. Katayama M, Inomata N, Inagawa N, Fukuro S, Aihara M.Contact Dermatitis. 2016 Mar;74(3):189-91.
- Anaphylaxis after prick-to-prick test with fish. Aaktanir Abul M, Orhan F.Pediatr Int. 2016 Jun;58(6):503-505. doi: 10.1111/ped.12856. Epub 2016 Feb 8.\
- Protein-losing enteropathy and erythema caused by egg allergy in a breast-fed infant. Higuchi R, Booka M, Suzuki H, Tsuno H.Pediatr Int. 2016 May;58(5):422-424.
- Hypersensitivity Reactions, Dietary Supplements, and the Importance of the Case Report. Blumenthal KG, Ziegler JB. J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract. 2016 Jan-Feb;4(1):177-8.
Provided by: www.alergiku.com KLINIK ALERGI ONLINE, Supported By GROW UP CLINIC I Address: JL Taman Bendungan Asahan 5 Jakarta Pusat, Jakarta Indonesia 10210 Phone : (021) 5703646 – 085101466102 – 085100466103 GROW UP CLINIC II MENTENG SQUARE Address: Jl Matraman 30 Jakarta Pusat 10430 phone 29614252 – 081315922012 – 081315922013 www.growup-clinic.com Facebook: FB-Growup Clinic Page Facebook : Allergy Clinic Online. Professional Healthcare Provider “GRoW UP CLINIC” Dr Narulita Dewi SpKFR, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation curriculum vitae HP 085777227790 PIN BB 235CF967 Clinical – Editor in Chief : Dr Widodo Judarwanto, Pediatrician email : email@example.com Mobile Phone O87880001083 PIN BBM 5B363348. Editor: Audi Yudhasmara, Sandiaz Yudhasmara. Komunikasi dan Konsultasi online : twitter @widojudarwanto facebook dr Widodo Judarwanto, pediatrician Komunikasi dan Konsultasi Online Alergi Anak : Allergy Clinic Online Komunikasi dan Konsultasi Online Sulit makan dan Gangguan Berat Badan : Picky Eaters Clinic Komunikasi Profesional Pediatric: Indonesia Pediatrician Online
Information on this web site is provided for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should not use the information on this web site for diagnosing or treating a medical or health condition. You should carefully read all product packaging. If you have or suspect you have a medical problem, promptly contact your professional healthcare provider